Monday, April 1, 2013

Day 5: Lactation Consultant

It was a rough night and both of us are so exhausted.  I was actually dreading this day.  I was so scared that the lactation nurse will tell me that I am doing everything wrong and I have to keep BF every 30 minutes.  However, at the same time, I wanted to know what she can do to help us. 

She was very nice and had a nice smile when we met her at the pediatrician office.  She saw how I was BF and how Haley was responding.  After she witnessed how our BF was going, she asked me "What would you like to accomplish with BF?"  I told her "I would like to continue giving her my milk, but I am just so worried that I am not producing enough milk and also my baby is loosing too much weight already.  I would like to use formula, but would like to give her my milk as much as I can pump.  She agreed.  A huge weight was lifted from my shoulder at this moment.  I was so glad that I could take a plan B and feed her as she deserves to get to the normal weight. 

I was finally in good mood.  I was determined to pump as often as I can to give my little baby as much as breast milk.       

No comments:

Post a Comment