Monday, April 1, 2013

Day 3: Leaving the Hospital (Maybe)

It started snowing pretty bad on Monday morning as the weather forecast predicted.  We were anxious to go home, but was worried about driving home in this weather.  Moreover, we were very concerned about Haley's wellbeing.  The level of jaundice went up and we had no choice but to use a supplement with a formula.  My body hurt and I could only move slowly.  I felt like a failure, but at the same time, I was glad that Haley was getting some food in her. 

A doctor came in and told us that she wanted us to stay one more extra day to monitor Haley, but my insurance declined to pay for the extra stay, so she told us to book an appointment with her pediatrician.

A photographer stopped at our room to take some pictures of Haley.  I knew it was going to cost us, but I wanted to see how it turns out.  Actually, she did good job!  I had no make-up and was so exhausted, so my picture with her is horrible, but she is darn cute!!!!
Hayboo with Daddy
I really thought staff at the hospital was amazing.  I felt really good and would like to use the same place for the next baby.  We were discharged and left around 5pm, so we hit some rush hour.  I was so excited to see our house and come home to the home sweet home!!!  Joe went into the house first to make our dog Candy sniff the baby blanket Haley was in.  When we brought Hay in the house, Candy didn't go crazy, so I was glad.  We still have to monitor our 3 pets to see how they react to the newborn.  I am hoping they will be cuddling with Haley someday... 

No comments:

Post a Comment