Monday, May 20, 2013

8 Weeks Old

First Sick Time!

We weren't ready for her to get sick so soon.  She has been great and happy baby, so when I saw her watery eyes, coughing & congested on Friday morning, I was concerned.  She sounded pretty bad when I picked her up at daycare.  We were supposed to leave her there for the night for a parent night out, but we decided that we needed to keep our eyes open for her, so we stayed in with her.  I am glad we did because she was miserable :(  Poor little thing couldn't eat because her nose was so stuffed up.  Her face was so yucky and we didn't know what to do, so I called her pedi and got an appointment on Saturday morning.  We were relieved that there was nothing to worry about, but we couldn't do much....because she is too little to take any meds.  I thought she had some sort of allergy from being at SandV night before, but the doctor said, it's probably a mild cold.  We put her in the rocker so that her head could be elavated.  I actually enjoyed having her in the room and she slept pretty well!  This was just a beginning of many more sickness days but as first time parents, we were quite worried about her!!! 

Hands / Leg Move

It's really fascinating to watch her and monitor her development.  She started liking her baby Einstein mat, so it's becoming to have her play there when she gets home from daycare.  I read that a baby doesn't know the existance of her legs and hands in the beginning.  I totally saw that when Haley was just doing her animated move, but I recently noticed the change in her hand movement.  She would look at an object and try to bat at it.  She even grabs the object sometimes!  As for legs, when I hold her straight, she tries to stand on her feet for a little bit.  It is amazing to watch her development and she is only 2 months.    

No comments:

Post a Comment